GUIDES & OUTFITTERS
• 4+2T Ranch• 4+2T Ranch
• 4+2T Ranch
Guided archery, muzzle-loading and rifle hunts for deer and elk from Horse Mountain in the Flat Tops area or for antelope from a desert ranch north of Craig (GMUs 12, 3).
P.O. Box 896, Hayden, 970-276-4283, www.huntco4plus2tranch.com.
• Adams Lodge Outfitters• Adams Lodge Outfitters
• Adams Lodge Outfitters
Primarily elk and deer (archery, muzzle-loader and rifle) guided, lodge-based and unguided drop-camp hunts in the Flat Tops Wilderness Area, wilderness camp at Marvine Lakes available (GMU 24).
200 Rio Blanco Road 43, Meeker, 970-878-4312, www.adamslodge.com.
• Badger Creek Outfitter• Badger Creek Outfitter
• Badger Creek Outfitter
Full-service guided (some trespass-free for archery) elk and deer hunts on public and private lands (GMUs 11, 211) north of Meeker, archery, muzzle-loader and rifle seasons with some archery trespass hunts.
7072 Moffat County Road 51, Craig, 970-824-0227, www.badgercreekoutfitter.com.
• Bar-H Outfitters• Bar-H Outfitters
• Bar-H Outfitters
Offers elk and deer hunts, fully-guided from tents or cabins, or drop camps, on public forest service lands (GMUs 12 and 24).
P.O. Box 2409, Meeker, 800-230-HUNT, www.barhoutfitters.com.
• Bear Mountain Ranch• Bear Mountain Ranch
• Bear Mountain Ranch
Lodge-based, free-range rifle hunts on private 10,000-acre ranch for elk, deer, antelope, bison and bear (GMUs 17 and 181).
7401 U.S. Hwy 40, Kremmling, 970-724-9651, www.bearmountainranch.net.
• Bearcat Outfitters• Bearcat Outfitters
• Bearcat Outfitters
Fully guided or drop camp elk rifle and archery hunts on public and private lands (GMU 12).
P.O. Box 110, Craig (28 miles south of Craig), 970-824-7958, www.coloradoelkhunts.net.
• Beaver Creek Outfitters• Beaver Creek Outfitters
• Beaver Creek Outfitters
Craig-based outfitter with full-service guided elk and deer hunts (archery, muzzle-loader and rifle) and drop camps into the Flat Tops Wilderness Area (GMU 12) and other public private lands (GMUs 4, 441 and 214). Also offers wilderness pack trips.
54432 Sandy River Dr., Leonard, Minn., 218-368-3679, www.huntbeavercreek.com.
• Beaver Springs• Beaver Springs
• Beaver Springs
Self-guided, trespass-fee deer and elk hunts 20 miles south of Craig on 80 acres of private land bordering the White River National Forest (GMU 12) with private campground and fishing lake.
908 Ridge Road, Craig, 303-973-8900, http://beaversprings.tripod.com.
• Behrman Outfitting• Behrman Outfitting
• Behrman Outfitting
P.O. Box 172, Maybell, 970-272-3284.
• Big Gulch Ranching for Wildlife• Big Gulch Ranching for Wildlife
• Big Gulch Ranching for Wildlife
Full-service and trespass-fee hunts (archery or rifle) during 90-day season for elk, deer and antelope on 90,000 acres of private ranch lands.
P.O. Box 1342, Craig, 970-824-6933, www.bgwildlife.com.
• Big Rack Outfitters & Horseback Adventures• Big Rack Outfitters & Horseback Adventures
• Big Rack Outfitters & Horseback Adventures
Fair chase guided hunts including deer, elk, antelope, bear and predators on over 30,000 acres with minimal hunting pressure (GMUs 3, 4, 301, 211 and 65). Summer horseback day trips, two- to three-night adventure packages, wagon rides and cattle drives on a working guest ranch.
42755 Routt County Road 86 (35 miles west of Steamboat), 970-826-4468, www.bigrack.com.
• Buck Mountain Outfitters• Buck Mountain Outfitters
• Buck Mountain Outfitters
Fully guided deer, elk and antelope hunts on 8,000 private acres around the Deep Creek and Buck Mountain region. Cabins for hunters on five- to six-day hunts from archery season through late big game rifle seasons.
22990 Routt County Road 54 (15 minutes northwest of Steamboat), 970-870-9665, www.buckmountainoutfitters.net.
• Buffalo Creek Ranch• Buffalo Creek Ranch
• Buffalo Creek Ranch
Fully guided, luxury lodge-based rifle hunts for elk, deer and moose on 16,000 acres of private land.
P.O. Box 2, Rand, 723-4045, www.buffalocreek.com.
• Buford Guide Service• Buford Guide Service
• Buford Guide Service
Fully guided, lodge-based elk and deer hunts on national forest and private lands for (GMUs 23 and 24).
20474 Rio Blanco County Road 8, Meeker (20 miles east of Meeker), 970-878-4745, www.bufordstoreandlodge.com.
• Bull Basin Guides and Outfitters• Bull Basin Guides and Outfitters
• Bull Basin Guides and Outfitters
Elk, mule deer, black bear, antelope and mountain lion during archery, muzzle loading and rifle hunting seasons, August through January on national forest and private lands. Also offers private fly-fishing program with two options on the prestigious Troublesome Creek and Black Mountain Pond.
P.O. Box 1566, Kremmling, 970-724-0417, www.bullbasin.com and www.troublesomeflyfishing.com.
• Chris Jurney Outfitting• Chris Jurney Outfitting
• Chris Jurney Outfitting
Trespass-fee, semi-guided and fully guided elk, deer, antelope, mountain lion and prairie dog hunts on private ranches around Craig.
574 Legion St., Craig, 970-824-5505, www.cjoutfitters.com.
• Code of the West Outfitters• Code of the West Outfitters
• Code of the West Outfitters
High country fishing and big game hunting trips as well as summer pack trips and cabin stays.
2655 County Road 12, Meeker, 970-878-0233, www.codeofthewestoutfitters.com
• Colorado’s High Lonesome Outfitter and Guides• Colorado’s High Lonesome Outfitter and Guides
• Colorado’s High Lonesome Outfitter and Guides
Old fashioned, pack-in style adventure located in the backcountry of GMU 15. Guided and semi-guided elk, deer and mountain lion hunts among 52,000 acres of vast and unspoiled forested terrain in the Flat Tops.
P.O. Box 312, Yampa (45 minutes south of Steamboat), 970-846-1449, www.cohighlonesome.com.
• Colorado Hunter Services• Colorado Hunter Services
• Colorado Hunter Services
Trespass-fee elk, deer and antelope hunts (archery, muzzle-loader and rifle) and cabin rental on private land at lower elevation or public land minutes from cabin accommodations (GMUs 4, 12 and 301).
25 Canvasback Rd., S.C., 866-210-2445 or 866-210-5445, www.coloradohunterservices.com.
• Colorado’s Mountain West Outfitting Co.• Colorado’s Mountain West Outfitting Co.
• Colorado’s Mountain West Outfitting Co.
Trespass-fee elk and deer hunts on 8,000 acres of private lands.
P.O. Box 1380, Craig, 970-824-7257, www.primehunts.com.
• Colorado Outfitters Services• Colorado Outfitters Services
• Colorado Outfitters Services
Trespass-fee and semi-guided hunts for elk, deer and antelope (archery, muzzle-loading and rifle) on private lands near Cedar Mountain and around Craig (GMUs 3 and 301) with some lodging.
501 Cedar Mountain Ave., Craig, 303-726-5975.
• Colorado Private Ranches• Colorado Private RanchesElk and deer non-guided hunts on 15 private ranches, archery through rifle seasons (GMUs 15, 42, 52, 53, 65 and 741). Elk and deer non-guided hunts on 15 private ranches, archery through rifle seasons (GMUs 15, 42, 52, 53, 65 and 741).
• Colorado Private RanchesElk and deer non-guided hunts on 15 private ranches, archery through rifle seasons (GMUs 15, 42, 52, 53, 65 and 741).
P.O. Box 1244, Winnsboro, La., 71295, 318-435-5029 or 318-435-5592, www.coloradoprivateranches.com.
• Coulter Lake Guest Ranch• Coulter Lake Guest Ranch
• Coulter Lake Guest Ranch
80 County Road 273, Rifle, 970-625-1473, rifleareachamber.chambermaster.com.
• Craig Wild Bunch Guides and Outfitters• Craig Wild Bunch Guides and OutfittersTrespass-fee with tent and guided elk and deer hunts (archery, muzzle-loader and rifle) to 3,800 acres of private land north of Craig (GMU 4) adjacent to the Routt National Forest.Trespass-fee with tent and guided elk and deer hunts (archery, muzzle-loader and rifle) to 3,800 acres of private land north of Craig (GMU 4) adjacent to the Routt National Forest.
• Craig Wild Bunch Guides and OutfittersTrespass-fee with tent and guided elk and deer hunts (archery, muzzle-loader and rifle) to 3,800 acres of private land north of Craig (GMU 4) adjacent to the Routt National Forest.
P.O. Box 800, Craig, 970-824-9334, www.elk-craigwildbunch.com.
• Coyote Creek Outfitters• Coyote Creek OutfittersElk, deer, moose and bear hunts (archery, muzzle-loader and rifle) by horseback out of Routt National Forest base camp cabin 25 miles southwest of Walden (GMU 17).Elk, deer, moose and bear hunts (archery, muzzle-loader and rifle) by horseback out of Routt National Forest base camp cabin 25 miles southwest of Walden (GMU 17).
• Coyote Creek OutfittersElk, deer, moose and bear hunts (archery, muzzle-loader and rifle) by horseback out of Routt National Forest base camp cabin 25 miles southwest of Walden (GMU 17).
5103 Jackson County Road 11, Walden, 970-723-8666 or 970-723-4648, www.coyotecreekoutfittersllc.com.
• Craig Wild Bunch Guides and Outfitters• Craig Wild Bunch Guides and Outfitters
• Craig Wild Bunch Guides and Outfitters
Trespass-fee with tent and guided elk and deer hunts (archery, muzzle-loader and rifle) to 3,800 acres of private land north of Craig (GMU 4) adjacent to the Routt National Forest.
3386 Moffat County Road 7, Craig, 970-824-9334, www.elk-craigwildbunch.com.
• Cross Mountain Adventures• Cross Mountain Adventures
• Cross Mountain Adventures
Fully guided elk, deer and antelope hunts on 60,000 private deeded acres on two ranches. Prairie dog and predator hunting, horseback and fishing day trips also available.
1280 Industrial Ave., Craig, 970-824-2803, www.crossmountainranch.com.
• Dave Parri’s Outfitting and Guide Service• Dave Parri’s Outfitting and Guide Service
• Dave Parri’s Outfitting and Guide Service
Full-service, base camp and drop camp elk and deer hunts and pack service offered for the archery, muzzle-loading and rifle big game seasons into the heart of Troublesome Basin (GMU 18). Guided fly-fishing trips also available.
P.O. Box 254, Hot Sulphur Springs, 970-725-3531, www.traditionalelkhunt.com.
• David R. Seely Outfitting• David R. Seely Outfitting
• David R. Seely Outfitting
Fully guided five-day rifle hunts for elk on private property bordering national forest lands (GMUs 12 and 13).
1826 Colo. Hwy 394, Craig, 970-824-4288.
• Del’s Triangle 3 Ranch• Del’s Triangle 3 Ranch
• Del’s Triangle 3 Ranch
Del’s has been in continuous operation in North Routt County since 1962, offering both full-service, five-day hunts as well as drop camps deep into the wilderness of the Routt National Forest. Elk, deer and bear hunts in GMUs 5, 14, 161 and 214.
55675 Routt County Road 62, Clark (18 miles north of Steamboat), 970-879-3495, www.steamboathorses.com.
• Dunckley Peak Outfitters and Pack Service• Dunckley Peak Outfitters and Pack Service
• Dunckley Peak Outfitters and Pack Service
Full-service guided archery, muzzle-loader and rifle bull elk hunts, including drop camps in the Flat Tops Wilderness Area (GMU 231). Horseback riding and fishing trips also available.
P.O. Box 935, Craig (30 miles south of Hayden), 970-824-8257, www.billscabin.com.
• Eagle’s Nest Outfitting• Eagle’s Nest Outfitting
• Eagle’s Nest Outfitting
Deluxe drop camps and semi-guided hunts in the Flat Tops Wilderness area (GMU 24) during archery, muzzle-loading and all four elk and deer rifle seasons.
P.O. Box 1168, Craig (20 miles east of Meeker), 970-826-4383, www.eaglesnestoutfitting.com.
• Eagle Spirit Outfitters• Eagle Spirit Outfitters
• Eagle Spirit Outfitters
Specializing in premier, lodge-based guided archery hunts, averaging close to 80 percent opportunity on 23,000 acres of private land around town of Oak Creek with limited pressure. Guided elk and deer trips run through big-game archery, muzzle-loading and rifle seasons.
P.O. Box 775792 (base of Rabbit Ears Pass), 888-416-8102, www.eaglespiritoutfitters.com.
• Ed Chamberlain Horse Rentals• Ed Chamberlain Horse Rentals
• Ed Chamberlain Horse Rentals
53 County Road 223, Rifle, 970-625-2131, rifleareachamber.chambermaster.com.
• Elk River Guest Ranch• Elk River Guest Ranch
• Elk River Guest Ranch
Customized unguided hunting packages to vast public lands in the Routt National Forest, archery through second elk and deer rifle season.
29840 Routt County Road 64, Clark (20 miles north of Steamboat), 800-750-6220, www.elkriverguestranch.com.
• Elkhorn Outfitters• Elkhorn Outfitters
• Elkhorn Outfitters
Access to over 120,000 private-leased acres to hunt a 90-day bull season as a DOW Ranching for Wildlife partner. Archery, rifle and muzzle-loading guided hunts offered for mule deer, elk and antelope. Horseback riding, cattle drives, sporting clays, wildlife viewing and photography rodes also available.
37399 N. Colo. Hwy 13, Craig, 970-824-7392, www.elkhornoutfitters.com.
• Feisty Fins Outfitters• Feisty Fins Outfitters
• Feisty Fins Outfitters
Whitewater rafts and accessories rentals from small fly shop facilities. Guided fly-fishing tours available for Colorado, White, Roaring Fork, Crystal and Colorado Rivers.
P.O. Box 691, Rifle, 970-319-5679, www.feistyfinsoutfitters.com.
• Fish & Cross Ranch/Pack Country Outfitters• Fish & Cross Ranch/Pack Country Outfitters
• Fish & Cross Ranch/Pack Country Outfitters
In Yampa at the base of the Flat Tops Wilderness Area, this historic working cattle ranch offers full-service guided backcountry hunting trips and some limited drop-camp/self-guided hunts, archery through rifle seasons on national forest and private lands. Horseback rides, guided fishing trips, guided wilderness/wildlife photo hikes and cattle drives also available.
24300 Routt County Road 11, Yampa (45 minutes south of Steamboat), 970-638-1064, www.packcountryoutfitters.com.
• Five Springs Ranch Guide and Outfitters• Five Springs Ranch Guide and Outfitters
• Five Springs Ranch Guide and Outfitters
Fully guided hunts for deer, elk, antelope and bear, starting in August archery season and running through rifle seasons in December on 7,000 acres of leased private land.
29550 Colo. Hwy 131 Steamboat (10 miles south of intersection with U.S. Hwy 40), 970-879-0868, www.5springsranch.com.
• Frosty Acres Ranch• Frosty Acres Ranch
• Frosty Acres Ranch
Mostly trespass-fee elk, deer and antelope hunts (archery, muzzle-loading and rifle) on 15,000 private acres of GMUs 4 and 301, with private lodging.
41380 N. Colo. Hwy 13, Craig, 970-824-8935.
• H & H Processing and Outfitting• H & H Processing and Outfitting
• H & H Processing and Outfitting
“Guided gourmet hunts,” for deer, elk, antelope and mountain lion (archery, muzzle-loading and rifle) on private land in GMUs 22 and 23.
68656 Colo. Hwy 64, Meeker (7 miles west of Meeker), 970-878-5126 or 970-878-5151. www.handhoutfitting.com.
• Hester Hunting Company• Hester Hunting Company
• Hester Hunting Company
Deer, elk, moose antelope, bear, sheep, goat and mountain lion hunts during archery, muzzle loading and rifle seasons. All hunts lodge-based and fully guided, with some overnight spike camps.
1367 Eagle Ave., Kremmling, 970-724-9746.
• High Country Cabin Bed and Breakfast• High Country Cabin Bed and Breakfast
• High Country Cabin Bed and Breakfast
15805 County Road 245, New Castle, 970-625-3663, rifleareachamber.chambermaster.com.
• Homestead Hunts• Homestead Hunts
• Homestead Hunts
Offers semi-guided and trespass-fee elk, deer and antelope hunts on private property near the Great Divide area.
2050 Chapman Lane, Craig, 970-824-8549, www.homesteadhunts.net.
• J.C. Trujillo Guide & Outfitter• J.C. Trujillo Guide & Outfitter
• J.C. Trujillo Guide & Outfitter
Fully guided horseback elk and some deer hunts on public land in Bunker Basin (GMU 12).
54768 Rio Blanco County Road 8 (28 miles south of Hayden), 970-276-3300 or 928-717-9360.
• JML Outfitters• JML Outfitters
• JML Outfitters
Year-round outfitting business offers elk, deer, bear pack-in, drop camp hunts on public forest service lands camps during archery, muzzle-loading and rifle seasons (GMU 24). Pack trips, fishing and trail rides also available.
300 Rio Blanco County Road 75, Meeker (30 miles east of Meeker), 970-878-4749, www.jmloutfitters.com.
• James Creek Outfitters• James Creek Outfitters
• James Creek Outfitters
Elk, deer and mountain lion fully guided hunts (archery, muzzle-loading and rifle seasons) on public BLM and private land at the historic Durham Ranch (GMUs 12 and 13).
396 Colo. Hwy 13, Meeker, 970-824-6939, www.jamescreekoutfitters.com.
• Jeffcoat Ranch & Outfitters• Jeffcoat Ranch & Outfitters
• Jeffcoat Ranch & Outfitters
Trespass-fee elk and deer hunts on private lands.
P.O. Box 97, Hamilton, 970-824-3757 or email@example.com.
• Kawcak Farms• Kawcak Farms
• Kawcak Farms
Elk, deer and antelope trespass-fee hunts in GMU 4.
3699 Moffat County Road 13, Craig, 970-824-7161.
• Last Chance Ranch• Last Chance Ranch
• Last Chance Ranch
Cabin-based, self-guided and drop-camp elk and deer hunts on private land, along with access to public lands of GMUs 131 and 231 in the Routt National Forest.
17825 Routt County Road 29, Oak Creek, 970-736-8564, www.colastchanceranch.com.
• Lone Tom Outfitting• Lone Tom Outfitting
• Lone Tom Outfitting
Elk, deer, mountain lion and antelope lodge-based hunts (archery, muzzle-loader and rifle) and drop camps on public and private lands. Also offers fishing and pack trips and horse rentals.
12888 Rio Blanco County Road 8, Meeker, 970-878-5122, www.lonetom.com.
• Longshot Ranch• Longshot Ranch
• Longshot Ranch
Trespass-fee hunts during big game seasons on 45 acres of private land bordering public BLM land.
28925 Routt County Road 14, Steamboat Springs, 970-879-4026.
• Lost Solar Outfitters• Lost Solar Outfitters
• Lost Solar Outfitters
Drop camps and full-service guided hunts, archery through big game rifle seasons (GMU 24) into the Flat Tops Wilderness Area.
P.O. Box 513, Meeker, 970-942-3000 or 970-878-4220, www.meekercolorado.com/lostsolar.
• Louisiana Purchase Ranch Outfitters• Louisiana Purchase Ranch Outfitters
• Louisiana Purchase Ranch Outfitters
Elk, mule deer and bear fully and semi-guided hunts on over 20,000 acres of public and private lands 43 miles southwest of Craig (GMUs 11, 211).
P.O. Box 206, Meeker, 970-272-3006, www.louisianapurchaseranch.com.
• Luark Ranch & Outfitters• Luark Ranch & Outfitters
• Luark Ranch & Outfitters
Rents cabins and horses, drop-camps and packing services to 2,400 acres of private and adjacent, non-motorized public BLM land (GMU 26) during archery, muzzle-loading and rifle big-game seasons. Also offers trail rides and wild game meat processing.
2834 Luark Road, Burns, 970-653-4324, www.luarkranch.com.
• M&M Outfitters• M&M Outfitters
• M&M Outfitters
Fully guided, lodge-based elk and deer hunts on private lands near Hamilton on public and private lands (GMUs 12 and 13).
P.O. Box 1020, Craig, 970-824-5812.
• Majestic Trophy Outfitters• Majestic Trophy Outfitters
• Majestic Trophy Outfitters
Fully guided and semi-guided archery, muzzle-loading and rifle hunts for deer, elk, antelope and predators on 2,500 private acres of scrub oak and mixed terrain 20 miles south of Craig (GMU 12, antelope in 3 and 301). Also offers interpretive ATV tours and survival classes for all ages.
215 Bilsing St., Craig 970-826-4311, www.trophy-outfitters.com.
• Middle Creek Ranch/Middle Creek Ranch Outfitters• Middle Creek Ranch/Middle Creek Ranch Outfitters
• Middle Creek Ranch/Middle Creek Ranch Outfitters
Provides housing, first-class cooking, meals and guides for hunting guests. Open for all big game and archery and rifle seasons on 8,000 private acres of mountainous and open-meadow combined terrain.
28310 Routt County Road 31, Oak Creek (25 miles south of Steamboat), 970-879-7353.
• Miller’s Dry Goods• Miller’s Dry Goods
• Miller’s Dry Goods
118 E. Third St., Rifle, 970-625-1737.
• Myers Hunting Services• Myers Hunting Services
• Myers Hunting Services
Guided elk and mule deer hunts on the private Gulmar Ranch, 14 miles south of Craig on the Williams Fork River and other adjacent private ranch lands (GMUs 12, 13).
6148 Colo. Hwy 317, Hamilton, 970-824-9317, www.lazy-v-box.com.
• Nine Mile Guest Ranch• Nine Mile Guest Ranch
• Nine Mile Guest Ranch
Bull and cow elk, mule deer and combination hunts, archery or rifle available on private lands. Now offering a fourth season one-on-one trophy mule deer hunt for Unit 22.
50735 Colo. Hwy 13, Meeker, 970-878-4656, www.ninemileguestranch.com.
• Oak Ridge Outfitters• Oak Ridge Outfitters
• Oak Ridge Outfitters
Guided and non-guided elk and deer hunting (archery, muzzle-loading and rifle) on private lands (GMU 23).
P.O. Box 631, Meeker, 970-878-5822, www.meekercolorado.com/oakridge.
• Pinnacle Peak Adventures• Pinnacle Peak Adventures
• Pinnacle Peak Adventures
Offers guided elk, deer and antelope hunts on 6,000 acres of private lands (GMU 4).
2951 Moffat County Road 18N, Craig, 970-824-9269, www.huntpinnacle.com.
• PT Outfitters• PT Outfitters
• PT Outfitters
Private land hunts for elk, antelope, deer and bear (GMUs 27, 18, 181).
129 Grand County Road 12, Kremmling, 866-724-3616.
• R&R Ranch of Colorado• R&R Ranch of Colorado
• R&R Ranch of Colorado
Maybell lodge-based elk, mule deer and antelope guided and semi-guided rifle hunts on private 27,000-acre ranch (GMUs 11 and 211).
10202 SW 138 St., Archer, Fla., 352-538-7094, www.rrranchco.com.
• Raftopoulos Ranches• Raftopoulos Ranches
• Raftopoulos Ranches
Guided archery, muzzle-loading and rifle hunts offered in the premier GMUs 2 and 201 for trophy bull elk, mule deer and antelope based out of historic lodge at base of Diamond Peak.
2991 Pine Ridge Dr. Craig, 970-326-8620, www.trophy-elk-hunting.com.
• Red Feather Guides & Outfitters• Red Feather Guides & Outfitters
• Red Feather Guides & Outfitters
Gould-based outfitter offers deluxe horseback-guided wilderness hunts, archery through second rifle season for deer, elk and moose. Fishing, horseback riding and camping trips available.
49794 Colo. Hwy 14, Walden, 970-723-4204 (summer and fall) or 970-524-5054 (winter and spring), www.redfeatherguides.com.
• Reeder Creek Ranch• Reeder Creek Ranch
• Reeder Creek Ranch
Offers some fully guided archery, muzzle-loading and rifle hunts for elk and mule deer (GMU 28) from family-operated working ranch focusing on private fly-fishing trips.
137 Grand County Road 39, Kremmling, 970-531-2008, www.reedercreek.com.
• Rifle Performance Motorsports• Rifle Performance Motorsports
• Rifle Performance Motorsports
1014 Access Rd., Rifle, 970-625-2041, www.rifleperformance.com.
• Rim Rock Outfitters• Rim Rock Outfitters
• Rim Rock Outfitters
Guided elk, deer, mountain lion, bobcat, antelope and prairie dog hunts and drop camps in GMUs 10, 11, 12, 21, 22 and 30.
P.O. Box 223, Rangely, 970-675-2619, www.coloradorimrockoutfitters.com.
• Rocky Mountain Ranches• Rocky Mountain Ranches
• Rocky Mountain Ranches
Specializing in trespass-fee, non-guided big game hunts and drop camps for deer, elk and antelope on private ranch lands.
466 S. 16th Ave., Brighton, 970-846-1147, www.rockymountainhunting.com.
• Sarvis Creek Outfitters• Sarvis Creek Outfitters
• Sarvis Creek Outfitters
Guided archery, muzzle-loading and rifle elk and deer hunts and drop camps with exclusive outfitter rights to 90 square miles of the Sarvis Creek Wilderness Area (GMU 15). Fly-fishing trips also available.
1625 Mid-Valley Drive No. 1, Box 95, Steamboat Springs, 970-819-5636, www.sarviscreekoutfitters.com.
• Saddleback Ranch• Saddleback Ranch
• Saddleback Ranch
Deluxe accommodations at the Double Dollar Lodge for elk and mule deer guided hunts on 8,000-acres of private land on family-owned working cattle ranch, August through fall rifle seasons.
37350 Routt County Road 179 (15 miles west of Steamboat), 970-879-3711, www.saddlebackranch.net.
• Sable Mountain Outfitters• Sable Mountain Outfitters
• Sable Mountain Outfitters
Elk, deer and bear hunts (wilderness drop camps and guided) on public lands in the Flat Tops Wilderness Area (GMUs 23, 24 and 33). Also offers horseback, pack and fishing trips.
5100 Rio Blanco County Road 4, Meeker, 970-878-4765, www.sablemountainoutfitters.com.
• Seely Hunting Services• Seely Hunting Services
• Seely Hunting Services
Fully guided elk and deer rifle hunts on limited-access private property along the South Fork of the Williams Fork River, in business since 1969 (GMU 12).
P.O. Box 1040, Craig, 970-824-5539 or 970-824-9474, http://seelyhunting.com.
• Sheep Creek Ranch Outfitters• Sheep Creek Ranch Outfitters
• Sheep Creek Ranch Outfitters
Guided elk, deer and bear hunts (archery, muzzle-loading and rifle) on 11,000 acres of public and private lands in GMU 22.
P.O. Box 2463, Meeker, 970-878-4757, www.huntsheepcreekranch.com.
• Shelton Ranch• Shelton Ranch
• Shelton Ranch
Lodge-based, full service elk and deer hunts (archery, muzzle-loading and rifle) on 5,000 private acres (GMUs 11 and 211) 15 miles south of Maybell with access to public land.
10955 Moffat County Road 57, Maybell, 970-272-3553, www.sheltonranch.com.
• Silver Creek Outfitters• Silver Creek Outfitters
• Silver Creek Outfitters
Full and semi-guided hunts and drop-camps offered primarily for elk, deer and mountain lion on rugged national forest service public lands.
33710 Lariat Trail (25 miles south of Steamboat), 970-846-5877, www.silvercreek-outfitters.com.
• Snowmass Creek Outfitters• Snowmass Creek Outfitters
• Snowmass Creek Outfitters
Guided horseback riding, hunting and fishing (GMU 43) near White River National Forest and Maroon Bells. Mountain climbing and nature photo classes also available
3610 Capitol Creek Rd., Snowmass, 970-704-0707, www.snowmasscreekoutfitters.com
• Skiles Guest & Hunting Ranch• Skiles Guest & Hunting Ranch
• Skiles Guest & Hunting Ranch
Elk and deer trespass-fee hunts offered on 800 private acres and adjacent public lands in the Flat Tops Wilderness Area from the base of Dome Peak. Horse rental and packing services available.
P.O. Box 12, Burns, 970-653-4329, www.skilesranch.com.
• Sombrero Ranches• Sombrero Ranches
• Sombrero Ranches
Rents horses for all seasons, including tack and delivery/pick-up within a 50-mile radius of one of the Sombero camps. Guided deer and elk hunts from the Williams Fork Hunt Camp for archery through rifle seasons in addition to four drop camps in the Routt National Forest (GMU 12).
Craig Ranch — 781 Moffat County Road 15, Craig, 970-824-3468; Steamboat Stables — 835 Howelson Parkway, Steamboat (base of Howelson Hill, behind the rodeo grounds), 970-879-2306; Meeker White River Horse Camp — 12900 Rio Blanco County Road 8, Meeker, 970-878-4382 or 303-442-0258, www.sombrero.com.
• Steamboat Lake Outfitters• Steamboat Lake Outfitters
• Steamboat Lake Outfitters
Fully guided, cabin- and tent-based elk and deer hunts as well as drop camps (archery, muzzle-loading and rifle) to both private lands and deep into the Mount Zirkel Wilderness Area (GMUs 14, 214 and 131). Also offers horseback riding, pack trips and guided fishing and ATV tours. Fuel, lodging, convenience store, bar and restaurant all located on site.
60880 Routt County Road 129, Clark, 970-879-4404 or 800-342-1889, www.steamboatlakeoutfitters.com.
• Sunset Ranch• Sunset Ranch
• Sunset Ranch
Offers big game hunting trips and drop camps to the Swamp Park region, Mad Creek Lakes and Mount Zirkel Wilderness Area in the Routt National Forest. Multi-day fishing and sightseeing wilderness pack trips also available.
29420 Elk Horn Lane (three miles north of Steamboat) 970-879-0954, www.sunsetranchinc.com.
• Superior Guide Service• Superior Guide Service
• Superior Guide Service
Offers elk and deer archery, muzzle-loading and rifle hunts on over 13,000 acres of private ranch land (GMU 12 and 211) from two lodges as well as multi-day pack trips and horse rentals.
5801 Colo. Hwy 394, Craig, 970-824-4767, www.wehuntcolorado.com.
• T&D Outfitters• T&D Outfitters
• T&D Outfitters
Fully guided deer and elk rifle hunts on over 1,650 private acres in the Isles Mountain area outside of Craig (GMU 211).
P.O. Box 443, Pine, 303-618-2329 or 720-217-9500, www.tanddoutfitters.com.
• The Tradesmen• The Tradesmen
• The Tradesmen
128 E. Third St., Rifle, 970-625-GUNS, http://www.625guns.com.
• Three Forks Ranch• Three Forks Ranch
• Three Forks Ranch
All-inclusive deer, elk and antelope hunts on 50,000 private acres surrounded on three sides by national forest offered by Ranching for Wildlife program partner (GMU 5).
P.O. Box 69, Savery, Wyo., 970-583-7396, www.threeforksranch.com.
• Timberline Sporting Goods• Timberline Sporting Goods
• Timberline Sporting Goods
101 E. Third St., Rifle, 970-625-HUNT, www.timberlinesports.com.
• Topgun Outfitters• Topgun Outfitters
• Topgun Outfitters
Archery, muzzle-loading and rifle elk and bear hunts on private lands (GMU 211).
108 Reigel School Road, Rimesburg, Pa., 814-229-4514, www.topgunoutfitters.com.
• Triple Track Hunting• Triple Track Hunting
• Triple Track Hunting
Elk, deer, antelope and predator hunts, private land trophy and management hunts, guided and unguided drop camp hunts as well as trespass-fee hunts on private lands.
P.O. Box 91, Hamilton (20 miles north of Meeker), 970-756-5000, www.tripletrackllc.com.
• Triple-O Outfitters• Triple-O Outfitters
• Triple-O Outfitters
Archery, muzzle-loading and rifle hunts for elk, deer and antelope (guided in elevated stands or unguided) on private land (GMU 12). Also offers nature photography and cabin rentals.
448 Moffat County Road 41, Hamilton, 970-824-6758, www.coloradooutdoors.com.
• Trophy Mountain Elk Ranch• Trophy Mountain Elk Ranch
• Trophy Mountain Elk Ranch
Private game hunting preserve with over 3,000 acres for guided trophy bull elk hunting. Bison, turkey and deer hunts also available.
4000 Jackson County Road 4, Cowdrey (22 miles north of Walden), 723-4000, www.trophymtn.com.
• Vanatta Outfitters• Vanatta Outfitters
• Vanatta Outfitters
Ranching for Wildlife program partner features September through December hunt dates for elk and deer along with August through November hunt dates for antelope including 17,000 prime acres of public and private land at 4 Mile Ranch.
P.O. Box 77170, Steamboat, 879-6164, www.vanattaoutfitters.com.
• W3 Outfitters (dba: Chuck Davies Guide Service)• W3 Outfitters (dba: Chuck Davies Guide Service)
• W3 Outfitters (dba: Chuck Davies Guide Service)
500 12 Mile Gulch Road, Elk Springs, 970-272-3002, rifleareachamber.chambermaster.com.
• Walz Guide Service• Walz Guide Service
• Walz Guide Service
Fully guided elk, deer and antelope hunts on Deakins Ranch with 26,000 acres of private land in GMU 301 and 50,000 acres in GMU 2 of this DOW Ranching for Wildlife partner.
P.O. Box 1118, Craig, 970-826-9814, www.walzguideservice.com.
• Welder Outfitting Services• Welder Outfitting Services
• Welder Outfitting Services
Family-owned outfitter offering full-service guided elk and deer hunts in the Flat Tops Wilderness Area as well as drop and setup camps. Pack and fishing trips also available.
P.O. Box 823, Meeker, 970-878-4559, www.flattops.com.
• Whispering Pines Outfitters• Whispering Pines Outfitters
• Whispering Pines Outfitters
Fully guided hunts and drop camps for elk, deer, antelope hunts on over 50,000 private acres for this Ranching for Wildlife program partner.
P.O. Box 472, Craig, 824-9450, www.whisperingpineoutfitters.com.
• Wilderness Tracks• Wilderness Tracks
• Wilderness Tracks
Fully guided hunts and drop camps for elk, deer, antelope, mountain lion and small game on public and private lands in GMU 4.
1192 N. Johnson Road, Craig, 970-326-7575.
• Wild Skies Four Season Cabin Rentals• Wild Skies Four Season Cabin Rentals
• Wild Skies Four Season Cabin Rentals
Cabin accommodations for up to 32 hunters where the largest elk herd is located at 38,000+ elk, lots of mule deer and bear. Accommodations are a deluxe, secluded mountain cabin in GMU 12 (Flat Tops) surrounded on three sides by the Routt National Forest with 1/2 mile of river frontage; or in Craig with four individual cabins with kitchenettes and a 4800 SF duplex with full kitchen and washer/dryer. (GMUs 3, 4, 11, 12, 13, 23, 24, 211, 231, 301).
• Williams Peak Ranch• Williams Peak Ranch
• Williams Peak Ranch
Guided deluxe lodge-based hunts (archery, muzzle-loading and rifle) for elk, deer and antelope on 7,500 acres of private land.
1330 Grand County Road 315, Parshall, 970-725-3282, www.williamspeakranch.com.
• Yampa Valley Outfitters• Yampa Valley Outfitters
• Yampa Valley Outfitters
Fully guided elk, deer and antelope rifle hunts on 1,040 acres of private land and 3,000 permitted acres on public BLM land (GMU 3) with seven handicap-accessible two-storied shooting houses.
P.O. Box 910, Craig (nine miles north of Maybell), 970-824-2102, 706-595-1044 or 706-990-9030.
GEAR GOODS & SUPPLIES
• Aspen Sporting Goods & Video Rentals• Aspen Sporting Goods & Video Rentals
• Aspen Sporting Goods & Video Rentals
Hunting, fishing and camping equipment and some apparel, knives and maps.
417 Byers Ave., Hot Sulphur Springs, 970-725-0097.
• Backdoor Sports• Backdoor Sports
• Backdoor Sports
Backpacking gear and offers rentals for tents, stoves and backpacks.
841 Yampa St., Steamboat Springs, 970-879-6249, www.backdoorsports.com.
• BAP!• BAP!
Outdoor retail shop and outlet store for BAP! (fleece apparel), Big Agnes (sleeping pads, bags and tents) and Honey Stinger (energy bars and gels) also sells other gear and clothing from manufacturers like Smith Optics and Smartwool.
735 Oak St., Steamboat, 879-7507, www.bwear.com.
• Bear River Valley Co-op• Bear River Valley Co-op
• Bear River Valley Co-op
Offers hunting apparel and more.
193 E. Jefferson Ave., Hayden, 970-276-3313.
• Brand Spankin Used• Brand Spankin Used
• Brand Spankin Used
Your second-hand goods store for all your hunting needs in the flat tops area. We’ve got what you forgot!
Main Street, Oak Creek, CO, 970-736-8100.
• Bucking Rainbow Outfitters• Bucking Rainbow Outfitters
• Bucking Rainbow Outfitters
Steamboat’s only Orvis-endorsed outfitter with full-service fly shop specializes in guided fishing trips and sells some maps, knives, outfitting packs and boots.
730 Lincoln Ave., Steamboat Springs, 970-879-8747 or 888-810-8747, www.buckingrainbow.com.
• Elk River Guns• Elk River Guns
• Elk River Guns
Full-service shooting sports center with firearms, gun-smithing, ammunition, spotting scopes and binoculars, rangefinders and hunting accessories.
1320 Dream Island Plaza, Steamboat, 970-879-7565.
• Fishin’ Hole Sporting Goods• Fishin’ Hole Sporting Goods
• Fishin’ Hole Sporting Goods
Fly shop with ammunition, archery and muzzle-loading equipment and camping equipment.
111 W. Park Ave., Kremmling, 970-724-9407.
• Flat Tops Ranch Supply• Flat Tops Ranch Supply
• Flat Tops Ranch Supply
Farm supplies, animal feed, tack, tools, propane, sporting goods and gifts
21475 Highway 131, Phippsburg, CO. 970-736-2450.
• High Country Sports• High Country Sports
• High Country Sports
Basic hunting equipment including ammunition, camping and fishing supplies and Routt National Forest maps.
491 Main St., Walden, 970-723-4648.
• Hunter’s Café, LLC• Hunter’s Café, LLC
• Hunter’s Café, LLC
Best half-pound burger in town.
117 W. 4th Street, Rifle, 970-625-9481, rifleareachamber.chambermaster.com.
• Kremmling Mercantile• Kremmling Mercantile
• Kremmling Mercantile
Groceries, blaze-orange apparel and some camping supplies. 101 Martin Way, Kremmling, 970-724-8979
• MJK Sales & Feed• MJK Sales & Feed
• MJK Sales & Feed
Ammunition, binoculars and scopes, camping equipment and cookware with some camouflage apparel, boots and clothing as well as certified hay.
290 Ranney St., Craig, 970-824-6581.
• Master Bait & Tackle• Master Bait & Tackle
• Master Bait & Tackle
Maps for GMUs 28, 37 and 18, some camping essentials, fishing lures, gasoline, liquor, hats and T-shirts.
6875 Summit County Road 30, Heeney, 970-724-3677.
• Maybell Store• Maybell Store
• Maybell Store
“Conveniently located in the middle of nowhere,” this general store has basic game bags, calls, camping, hunting and fishing equipment, supplies and licenses with some ammunition, gasoline, propane, blocked and crushed ice, meats, produce and dairy.
60311 U.S. Hwy 40, Maybell, 970-272-3262.
• Montgomery’s General Merchandise• Montgomery’s General Merchandise
• Montgomery’s General Merchandise
Groceries, ammunition, licenses, maps and sporting goods.
24 Main St., Yampa, 970-638-4531,
• Murdoch’s Ranch & Home Supply• Murdoch’s Ranch & Home Supply
• Murdoch’s Ranch & Home Supply
Ammunition, fishing and hunting licenses, cookware, coolers, deer carts, sleds, camping gear, knives, saws and a full line of Carhartt and Murdoch’s hunting clothes. Pack saddles and bridles, blaze-orange halters, blankets, tire chains and shovels.
2355 W. Victory Way, Craig, 970-824-4100, www.murdochs.com.
• North Park Anglers• North Park Anglers
• North Park Anglers
North Park’s only full-service fly shop sells maps of the Medicine Bow and Routt National Forests with a selection of shirts, hats and jackets.
524 Main St., Walden, 723-4215, www.northparkanglers.com.
• North Park Super• North Park Super
• North Park Super
Grocery store with sporting goods section including a variety of camping equipment.
33482 Hwy 125, Walden, 970-723-8211.
• Northwest Pawn Shop• Northwest Pawn Shop
• Northwest Pawn Shop
One of the largest selections of firearms in Northwest Colorado with a huge selection of ammunition, archery equipment, knives, cleaning and reloading supplies and camouflage apparel.
801 E. Victory Way, Craig, 824-2962.
• Outdoor Connections• Outdoor Connections
• Outdoor Connections
Sporting goods store with archery pro shop, muzzle-loading firearms, rifles, amps, camping and fishing equipment, ammunition, live bait and predator calls.
34 E. Victory Way, Craig, 824-5510.
• Steamboat Powersports• Steamboat Powersports
• Steamboat Powersports
Rents ATVs on daily and weekly basis as well as Harley-Davidson motorcycles. Maps and riding information as well as helmet rentals and on-site delivery available.
2989 Riverside Plaza, Steamboat, 879-5138, www.steamboatpowersports.com.
• Powderhorn Cabins• Powderhorn Cabins
• Powderhorn Cabins
Lodging general store with ice and some fishing and hunting supplies.
35336 Jackson County Road 21, Walden, 970-723-4359.
• Rocky Mountain Bowstrings• Rocky Mountain Bowstrings
• Rocky Mountain Bowstrings
Full line of high-end archery equipment, camouflage and traditional bows with a selection of clothing and some camping supplies, optics and cutlery. The full-service shop features a 20-yard, eight-lane indoor archery range on site.
696 Main St., Meeker, 970-878-4300, www.rockymountainbowstrings.com.
• Ski Haus International• Ski Haus International
• Ski Haus International
Camping, hiking and backpacking gear and boots with sleeping bag, pack and tent rentals. Broad selection of maps and guidebooks including USGS quad maps.
1457 Pine Grove Road, 970-879-0385 or 800-932-3019, www.skihaussteamboat.com.
• Spiro’s Tradin’ Post• Spiro’s Tradin’ Post
• Spiro’s Tradin’ Post
Liquor, movies and quality fishing, camping and hunting supplies including knives, arrows, ammunition and maps.
107 Main St., Oak Creek, 970-736-2443.
• Sports Authority• Sports Authority
• Sports Authority
Rifles, shotguns and ammunition, knives, hunting gear and clothes as well as camping equipment.
705 Martketplace Plaza S. Steamboat, 970-871-4570, www.sportsauthority.com.
• Steamboat Flyfisher• Steamboat Flyfisher
• Steamboat Flyfisher
Quick-dry apparel, boots and socks and maps along with the shops comprehensive selection of fly-tying equipment and materials.
Fifth & Yampa streets, Steamboat, 879-6552, www.steamboatflyfisher.com.
• Straightline Sports• Straightline Sports
• Straightline Sports
The oldest fly-fishing guide service and shop in Steamboat also has boots, shoes, maps, knives and camping equipment.
744 Lincoln Ave., Steamboat, 879-7568 or 800-354-5463, www.straightlinesports.com.
• Timberline Builders Supply• Timberline Builders Supply
• Timberline Builders Supply
Camping equipment and ammunition.
209 N. Main St., Walden, 970-723-4422.
• Toponas Country General Store• Toponas Country General Store
• Toponas Country General Store
Game processing, cold storage, dry ice, some ammunition, blaze-orange vests and some camping and fishing equipment. Also sells ice, gasoline, diesel fuel, propane and liquor, with ATM on site.
10000 Colo. Hwy 131 Toponas, 970-638-4438.
• Tri-River Ace• Tri-River Ace
• Tri-River Ace
Ammunition, knives, camping supplies, propane and a full line of Carhartt clothing including jackets and boots.
720 Tyler Ave., Kremmling (right on Colo. Hwy 9), 970-724-9325, www.tri-river.com.
• Wyatt’s Sports Center• Wyatt’s Sports Center
• Wyatt’s Sports Center
Ammunition, scopes and binoculars, slings, knives, hatchets, clothing, maps, camping equipment, stoves and boots.
223 Eighth St., Meeker, 970-878-4428.
MEAT PROCESSING & TAXIDERMY
• All Seasons Taxidermy• All Seasons Taxidermy
• All Seasons Taxidermy
2354 Lincoln Ave., Steamboat, 970-870-8520.
• American West Taxidermy• American West Taxidermy
• American West Taxidermy
45 Grand Country Road 12, Kremmling, 970-724-9321.
• Antler Taxidermy• Antler Taxidermy
• Antler Taxidermy
369 Market St., Meeker, 970-878-3365, www.professionalsofafrica.com.
• Axis Leather Works• Axis Leather Works
• Axis Leather Works
802 E. Second Place, Craig, 970-824-3256, www.axisleather.qpg.com.
• B & L Quality Taxidermy• B & L Quality Taxidermy
• B & L Quality Taxidermy
1744 Lincoln Ave., Taylor Building Np. 2, Steamboat, 970-879-1316.
• Big Cat Taxidermy• Big Cat Taxidermy
• Big Cat Taxidermy
37 E. Victory Way, Craig, 970-824-9624, www.bigcattaxidermy.com.
• Brothers Custom Processing• Brothers Custom Processing
• Brothers Custom Processing
383 E. First St., Craig, 970-824-3855.
• Bullseye Taxidermy• Bullseye Taxidermy
• Bullseye Taxidermy
1445 Yampa Ave., Craig, 970-826-2997, www.bullseyetaxidermy.com.
• Crazy 3 Tannery• Crazy 3 Tannery
• Crazy 3 Tannery
1480 N. Yampa Ave., Craig, 970-824-6063, www.crazythreetannery.com.
• Custom Quality Meats• Custom Quality Meats
• Custom Quality Meats
1430 N. Yampa Ave., Craig, 970-824-4668.
• Elk River Custom Wild Game Processing• Elk River Custom Wild Game Processing
• Elk River Custom Wild Game Processing
Free pickup & delivery. We ship.
Call Joe 970-8198177 or Dan 970-846-7642. firstname.lastname@example.org. 2474 Downhill Drive, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487.
• Gross Locker Plant• Gross Locker Plant
• Gross Locker Plant
Wild game processing since 1955.
140 S. 8th Street, Silt, 970-876-2334, rifleareachamber.chambermaster.com.
• Kremmling Wild Game Processing• Kremmling Wild Game Processing
• Kremmling Wild Game Processing
5240 Grand County Road 22, Kremmling, 970-724-3759, www.kremmlingwildgames.com.
• Laura’s Corner• Laura’s Corner
• Laura’s Corner
637 E. Main St., Rangely, 970-629-5607 or 970-675-2800.
• Mountain Man Taxidermy• Mountain Man Taxidermy
• Mountain Man Taxidermy
1176 Yampa Ave., Craig, 970-824-4910, www.mtnmantaxidermy.com.
• Mountain Meat Packing• Mountain Meat Packing
• Mountain Meat Packing
291 Lincoln St., Craig, 824-4878.
• Out West Meat and Processing• Out West Meat and Processing
• Out West Meat and Processing
Wild game processing and retail butcher shop.
216 W. 2nd Street, Rifle, 970-625-4134, rifleareachamber.chambermaster.com.
• Purkey Packing Plant• Purkey Packing Plant
• Purkey Packing Plant
73215 Colo. Hwy 64, Meeker, 970-878-5501.
• Steamboat Meat & Seafood• Steamboat Meat & Seafood
• Steamboat Meat & Seafood
1030 Yampa St., Steamboat, 970-879-3504, www.steamboatseafood.com.
• Wildlife Expressions Full Service Taxidermist• Wildlife Expressions Full Service Taxidermist
• Wildlife Expressions Full Service Taxidermist
Full-service taxidermy. Quality is our standard.
140 Morrison, Rangely, 970-629-3128
OTHER LICENSING AGENTS
• City Market• City Market
• City Market
505 W. Victory Way, Craig, 970-824-6515.
1825 Central Park Plaza, Steamboat, 970-879-3290.
• Clark Store• Clark Store
• Clark Store
54175 Routt County Road 129, Clark, 970-879-3849.
• Colorado Division of Parks and Wildlife Northwest Region Service Center• Colorado Division of Parks and Wildlife Northwest Region Service Center
• Colorado Division of Parks and Wildlife Northwest Region Service Center
711 Independent Ave., Grand Junction, 970-255-6100.
• Colorado Division of Parks and Wildlife Glenwood Springs office• Colorado Division of Parks and Wildlife Glenwood Springs office
• Colorado Division of Parks and Wildlife Glenwood Springs office
Colo. Hwys 6 and 24, Glenwood Springs, 970-947-2920.
• Colorado Division of Parks and Wildlife Meeker office/service center• Colorado Division of Parks and Wildlife Meeker office/service center
• Colorado Division of Parks and Wildlife Meeker office/service center
P.O. Box 1181, Meeker, 970-878-6090.
• Colorado Division of Parks and Wildlife Steamboat Springs office/service center• Colorado Division of Parks and Wildlife Steamboat Springs office/service center
• Colorado Division of Parks and Wildlife Steamboat Springs office/service center
925 Weiss Dr., Steamboat, 970-870-2197.
• Colorado Division of Parks and Wildlife Hot Sulphur Springs office/service center• Colorado Division of Parks and Wildlife Hot Sulphur Springs office/service center
• Colorado Division of Parks and Wildlife Hot Sulphur Springs office/service center
346 Grand County Road 362, Hot Sulphur Springs, 970-725-6200.
• Corkies Mini Mart• Corkies Mini Mart
• Corkies Mini Mart
597 Main St., Walden, 970-723-4733.
• Hayden Mercantile• Hayden Mercantile
• Hayden Mercantile
111 N. Sixth St., Hayden, 970-276-3922.
• Kmart• Kmart
1198 W. Victory Way, Craig, 970-824-2966.
• Lake John Resort• Lake John Resort
• Lake John Resort
2521 Jackson County Road 7A, Walden, 970-723-3226.
• Loaf ‘N Jug Store• Loaf ‘N Jug Store
• Loaf ‘N Jug Store
101 W. Brontosaurus Blvd., Dinosaur, 970-374-2461.
• North Park/Gould/Walden KOA• North Park/Gould/Walden KOA
• North Park/Gould/Walden KOA
53337 Colo. Hwy 14, Walden, 970-723-4310, www.koa.com/where/co/06117/.
• Rangely Exchange (The Flowersmith Exchange)• Rangely Exchange (The Flowersmith Exchange)
• Rangely Exchange (The Flowersmith Exchange)
513 E. Main St., Rangely, 970-675-8842.
• Rangely True Value Hardware• Rangely True Value Hardware
• Rangely True Value Hardware
105 W. Main St., Rangely, 970-675-2454.
• Safeway Food & Drug• Safeway Food & Drug
• Safeway Food & Drug
1295 W. Victory Way, Craig, 970-824-9496.
37500 E. U.S. Hwy 40, Steamboat, 970-879-3766.
• Samuelson True Value Hardware & Lumber• Samuelson True Value Hardware & Lumber
• Samuelson True Value Hardware & Lumber
43900 Colo. Hwy 13, Meeker, 970-878-3528.
• Samuelson True Value Hardware• Samuelson True Value Hardware
• Samuelson True Value Hardware
456 Breeze St., Craig, 970-824-6683.
• Seven Lakes Lodge• Seven Lakes Lodge
• Seven Lakes Lodge
36843 Rio Blanco County Road 17, Meeker, 970-878-3249, www.sevenlakeslodge.com.
• Shop & Hop Food Stop• Shop & Hop Food Stop
• Shop & Hop Food Stop
35775 E. U.S. Hwy 40, Steamboat, 970-879-2489.
• State Forest State Park• State Forest State Park
• State Forest State Park
56750 Colo. Hwy 14, Walden, 970-723-8366.
• Stagecoach Lake State Park (marina)• Stagecoach Lake State Park (marina)
• Stagecoach Lake State Park (marina)
25500 RCR 14, Oak Creek, 970-736-8342.
• Steamboat Lake State Park• Steamboat Lake State Park
• Steamboat Lake State Park
61105 RCR 129, Clark, 970-879-7019.
• Valley Ace Hardware• Valley Ace Hardware
• Valley Ace Hardware
401 E. Market St., Meeker, 970-878-4608.
• WalMart• WalMart
1805 Central Park Dr., Steamboat, 970-879-8115.
• WalMart Supercenter• WalMart Supercenter
• WalMart Supercenter
2000 W. Victory Way, Craig, 824-0340.
• Walden Conoco• Walden Conoco
• Walden Conoco
609 Main St., Walden, 970-723-4246.
• Yampa River State Park• Yampa River State Park
• Yampa River State Park
6185 W. U.S. Hwy 40, Hayden, 970-276-2061.
OTHER LICENSING AGENTS
• Bears Ears Sportsman Club’s Cedar Mountain Range• Bears Ears Sportsman Club’s Cedar Mountain Range
• Bears Ears Sportsman Club’s Cedar Mountain Range
300-yard outdoor rifle and 50-yard outdoor pistol range for members, but open to the public the first Sunday and Monday of each month. Also open during daylight hours, Thursday and Friday prior to each big game season for rifle sight-in.
P.O. Box 622, Craig (4.5 miles northwest of Craig on Moffat County Road 7), 970-824-8376, www.bearsears.com.
• Byers Canyon Rifle Range• Byers Canyon Rifle Range
• Byers Canyon Rifle Range
Unsupervised, public Colorado Division of Wildlife-managed range open during daylight hours (closed during winter months). Five centerfire 100-, 200- and 300-yard rifle ranges, one 25-yard (.22 cal) rifle range, shotgun (hand traps only — not provided) and pistol range as well as straw bales for archery. Portable toilet and trash dumpster on site. A Colorado Wildlife Habitat Stamp is required to use this range.
P.O. Box 216, Hot Sulphur Springs (12 miles east of Kremmling on the north side of U.S. Hwy 40), 970-725-6200 (CDOW Hot Sulphur Springs office).
• Glenwood Springs Gun Club• Glenwood Springs Gun Club
• Glenwood Springs Gun Club
Public welcome to shoot when range is open. Sporting clays, trap, black powder, rifle and pistol ranges up to 200 yards. Hunter education courses also available.
P.O. Box 2362, Glenwood Springs, 970-945-5556.
• Hayden Shooting Range• Hayden Shooting Range
• Hayden Shooting Range
Colorado Division of Wildlife managed 100-, 200- and 300-yard rifle and pistol range, open to the public, from dawn until dusk year-round. A Colorado Wildlife Habitat Stamp is required to use this range.
Two miles south of Hayden on Routt County Road 37, 970-870-2197 (CDOW Steamboat Springs office).
• Meeker Sportman’s Club, Inc.• Meeker Sportman’s Club, Inc.
• Meeker Sportman’s Club, Inc.
Hunter sight-in Thursdays and Fridays prior to each big game season (Tuesday for fourth rifle season). Sight-in is $5 per gun, or member shoot for $10. New memberships cost $20 per person and include full use of archery, trap, rifle and pistol ranges.
P.O. Box 1325, Meeker (4.5 miles southwest of Meeker on Colo. Hwy 13), 970-878-4636, www.meekercolorado.com.
• Routt County Rifle Club• Routt County Rifle Club
• Routt County Rifle Club
Facilities include clubhouse and trap, skeet, sporting clays, heated indoor .22, outdoor pistol, 25-, 50-, 75-, 100- and 200-yard rifle ranges. Public sight-in days prior to the first three big game rifle seasons (check online club calendar). Annual membership dues cost $75 with one-time, new-member applications fee of $25.
P.O. Box 773116, Steamboat (two miles west of town on U.S. Hwy 40), 970-870-0298, www.routtcountyrifleclub.com.
• Three Quarter Circles Sporting Clays and Driving Range• Three Quarter Circles Sporting Clays and Driving Range
• Three Quarter Circles Sporting Clays and Driving Range
Public twelve-station, two-tower sporting clays course by appointment.
26185 U.S. Hwy 40 (six miles west of Steamboat), 879-5649 or 846-5647, www.3qc.com.
• Vail Rod & Gun Club• Vail Rod & Gun Club
• Vail Rod & Gun Club
Open to the public for sporting clays (five stand and 10-station course available) during the summer.
001 Sporting Clay Way, Wolcott (just south of I-70), 970-926-3472, www.lazyjranch.net.
• Walden Public Shooting Area• Walden Public Shooting Area
• Walden Public Shooting Area
Public Bureau of Land Management range, open year-round, has three benches with range distances of 50, 100, 200 and 300 yards. No trash service.
Four miles east of Walden on Jackson County Road 12E, 970-723-4625.
• White River Bowmen• White River Bowmen
• White River Bowmen
Bow-hunting club with indoor and outdoor targets and a clubhouse. Memberships cost $35 per year.
• Bureau of Land Management• Bureau of Land Management
• Bureau of Land Management
Little Snake Field Office — 455 Emerson Street, Craig, 970-826-5000; Kremmling Field Office — 2103 E. Park Ave., Kremmling, 970-724-3000; Glenwood Springs Field Office — 50629 Colo. Hwys 6 and 24, Glenwood Springs, 970-947-2800; White River Field Office, 220 E. Market St., Meeker, 970-878-3800; Grand Junction — 2815 H Road, 970-244-3000, www.co.blm.gov, Lakewood Stat Office — 303-239-3600.
• Colorado Dept. of Transportation• Colorado Dept. of Transportation
• Colorado Dept. of Transportation
• Colorado Division of Wildlife• Colorado Division of Wildlife
• Colorado Division of Wildlife
Grand Junction Regional and Area Office — 711 Independent Ave., 970-255-6100
Steamboat Springs — 925 Weiss Dr., 970-870-2197
Hot Sulphur Springs — 346 Grand County Road 362 (west of Byers Canyon), 970-725-6200
Meeker — 73485 Hwy 64, 970-878-6090
Glenwood Springs — 50633 Colo. Hwy 6 and 24, 970-947-2920
• Colorado Outfitters Association• Colorado Outfitters Association
• Colorado Outfitters Association
P.O. Box 849, Craig, 970-824-2468, www.coloradooutfitters.org
• Colorado State Parks• Colorado State Parks
• Colorado State Parks
Steamboat Lake and Pearl Lake State Parks — 61105 RCR 129, Clark, 970-879-3922 or 970-879-7019; Stagecoach Stage Park — 25500 RCR 14, Oak Creek, 970-736-2436 or 970-736-8342; State Forest State Park — 56750 Colo. Hwy 14, Walden, 970-723-8366; Yampa River State Park — 6185 W. U.S. Hwy 40, Hayden, 970-276-2061, www.parks.state.co.us. Info — 970-434-6862; reservations — 800-678-2267.
• Craig Daily Press newspaper• Craig Daily Press newspaper
• Craig Daily Press newspaper
466 Yampa Ave., Craig, 970-824-7031, www.craigdailypress.com, explorecraig.com
• Craig Sportsman Information Center• Craig Sportsman Information Center
• Craig Sportsman Information Center
(Moffat County Visitor’s Center/Craig Chamber of Commerce) 360 E. Victory Way, Craig, 970-824-5689; 800-864-4405, www.craig-chamber.com.
• Dinosaur National Monument• Dinosaur National Monument
• Dinosaur National Monument
4545 U.S. Hwy 40, Dinosaur, 970-374-3000, Canyon Area Visitor Center, www.nps.gov/dino/
• Hayden Chamber of Commerce• Hayden Chamber of Commerce
• Hayden Chamber of Commerce
252 West Jefferson, Hayden, 970-819-5918, www.yampavalley.info/haydenchamber.asp
• Kremmling Area Chamber of Commerce• Kremmling Area Chamber of Commerce
• Kremmling Area Chamber of Commerce
203 Park Ave., 877-573-6654, www.kremmlingchamber.com
• Meeker Chamber of Commerce• Meeker Chamber of Commerce
• Meeker Chamber of Commerce
710 Market St., Meeker, 970-878-5510, www.meekerchamber.com, www.huntmeeker.com
• NOAA’s National Weather Service Weather Forecast Office• NOAA’s National Weather Service Weather Forecast Office
• NOAA’s National Weather Service Weather Forecast Office
792 Eagle Drive, Grand Junction, 970-243-7007, www.nws.noaa.gov.
• North Park Chamber of Commerce• North Park Chamber of Commerce
• North Park Chamber of Commerce
416 Fourth St., Walden, 970-723-4600, www.northparkchamber.com
• Rangely Area Chamber of Commerce• Rangely Area Chamber of Commerce
• Rangely Area Chamber of Commerce
209 East Main St., Rangely, 970-675-5290, http://www.rangelychamber.com
• Rifle Area Chamber of Commerce• Rifle Area Chamber of Commerce
• Rifle Area Chamber of Commerce
200 Lions Park Circle, Rifle, 970-625-2085 or 800-842-2085, www.riflechamber.com
• Steamboat Pilot & Today newspaper• Steamboat Pilot & Today newspaper
• Steamboat Pilot & Today newspaper
1901 Curve Plaza, Steamboat Springs, 970-879-1502, www.steamboatpilot.com, exploresteamboat.com.
• Steamboat Springs Chamber Resort Association• Steamboat Springs Chamber Resort Association
• Steamboat Springs Chamber Resort Association
125 Anglers Dr., www.steamboat-chamber.com.
• U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service• U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
• U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
P.O. Box 25486, Lakewood, (303) 236-4216, www.fws.gov.
• U.S. Forest Service• U.S. Forest Service
• U.S. Forest Service
Hahn’s Peak-Bears Ears Ranger District — 925 Weiss Dr., Steamboat Springs, 970-879-1870
Parks Ranger District —2103 E. Park Ave., Kremmling, 970-724-3000 or 100 Main St., Walden, 970-723-8204
Rio Blanco Ranger District — 220 E. Market St., Meeker, 970-878-4039
Rifle Ranger District — 0094 Garfield County Road 244, Rifle, 970-625-2371
Sulphur Ranger District — 9 Ten Mile Dr., Granby, 970-877-4100
White River National Forest — 900 Grand Ave., Glenwood Springs, 970-945-2521
Yampa Ranger District — 300 Roselawn Ave., Yampa, 970-638-4516
• U.S. Forest Service Maps• U.S. Forest Service Maps
• U.S. Forest Service Maps
• U.S. Geological Survey (topographical maps)• U.S. Geological Survey (topographical maps)
• U.S. Geological Survey (topographical maps)
Central Region Offices, Denver Federal Center, W. Sixth Ave., and Kipling St., DFC Building 810, Lakewood, 303-202-4700 or 888-275-8747, www.topomaps.usgs.gov.